Tuesday, May 8, 2018

My favourite winter buys 2018




If you want to know the kind of weekend I had, I can summarise it in one phrase: apparently there was cheese in the minestrone.  I also have a totally new respect for my mommy for looking after me when I was sick as a child, because it is hard work looking after a young person that keeps chundering into the same bowl you make popcorn in.  Needless to say, I have distracted myself with my most irregular past time: blogging. 

Winter is (officially) less than a month away, but I’m already freezing so you know I’ve already started wrapping myself up like Yvon of the Yukon (90’s kids will know).  Winter is great and all, since it’s my birthday and I love being all snug and cosy, but snug and cosy can come at a price not all women are willing to pay: fashion. 

Some girls look like hobos in winter, some girls look like snow queens.  I fall in the middle, depending on my mood.  For the sake of saving face amongst the beauty community, I have compiled a list of my favourite purchases I’ve made so far this year in preparation for not looking like a hobo this winter (because it is coming, you know). 

Faux leather jacket – R599.99, Edgars
I’ve been meaning to invest in a leather(ish) jacket for a few years now but this year I took the plunge when Edgars released this rosy pink coloured jacket.  It obviously matches 90% of my outfits since I only wear a handful of colours, so I knew it would be the perfect investment into my wardrobe. 



Fleece lined tights – R79.99, Mr. Price
This is one of the happiest accidents of my life.  My sister casually pointed out one evening that my neon pink panties were totally exposed through both a hole and the sheerness in my old grey tights.  So new tights were on the cards any way.  I bought these at Mr. Price and only discovered the next day when putting them on that they were in fact fleece lined.  


So obviously I went back for the black ones. 

Black over-the-knee boots – R499.99, Legit
Please don’t ask me where I’ll wear these to or what time I’m dancing at The Grand – I saw them, I loved them and I bought them.  Realistically, I’m just going to take sexy-ish Tumblr inspired photos in front of my mirror (it’s hard to be sexy when you’re this weird), but since my bf is a full foot taller than me, I may have opportunities to wear these out for fancy dinner dates – if we were that kind of couple. 



Ear-warmers – R29.99, Mr. Price
These have only made the cute because of how cute they look.  They’re so cute, that I’ve elected to overlook the fact that the shiny thing on top digs right into my forehead and hurts after a couple of hours.  Also, if I wear big earrings, I look like a fortune teller. 



Shirt dress – R199.00, H&M
Believe or not, I am sometimes compelled to be smart during the day when I have meetings (which are rare, but still).  I love wearing dresses for work because they’re so multi-seasonal, so when I saw this baby in H&M (on special!) I knew it was perfect for work.  The best part of this is how loose it is, so I can layer underneath it and stay super chic. 



At risk of sounding like I have a shopping problem (which I may have, possibly), I’m going to sign off here.  Honestly, I’m just so impressed that I’m posting in two consecutive weeks.  I am pleased to renounce my title of Worst Blogger in the World. 

Wishing you love and light until next time  ♡♡♡