Tuesday, July 24, 2018

L'Oreal Paris Longwear Shaping Stick Review



Maybe I’ve been a little withdrawn from the game, but I think that I’ve finally found a drugstore/pharmacy stick foundation for the South African market.  I recently discovered the L’Oreal Infallible Longwear Shaping Sticks at Edgars Mall of the South and let me just tell you, I have discovered a love for cream contouring. 

Packaging
The foundations come in 10cm long plastic tubes, holding 9g of product.  The design is exactly that of just an oversized lipstick tube that twists up. 


Formula
Obviously the formula of this foundation is going to be thick to be able to be set as a wind-up tube.  It requires a fair of amount of blending to achieve an even look. 

Coverage
Despite the other Infallible foundations providing a high degree of coverage, this foundation seems to fall a little short in comparison.  That being said, it is dependent on the amount of foundation you use and I have not been using a large amount of any makeup lately. 


Finish
This formula is also quite matte, but it’s not as extreme as the bottled formulae because obviously it has to be able to glide on the skin.  This also allows it to blend out like an absolute dream. 
Just be wary when setting it as it is quite thick and tends to settle in fine lines, but this is easily remedied by baking and then tapping your skin lightly with a beauty blender after spraying a setting spray.

Longevity
I am super impressed with the longevity of this foundation.  I wore this from Friday morning, around 7.30am, to Saturday morning, about 1.30am, and I was not disappointed.  The coverage was not perfect by late in the evening, but after dark, you get away with much more, so I’m calling this a definite win. 

Shade range
I’m always a little dubious of giving my opinion of shade ranges because I’m a fairly pale person, so it’s not difficult for me to find my own shade in any makeup collection.  However, from what I saw on the shelves, there were a number of different shades of varying tones and the L’Oreal Paris website shows a number of deeper tones too.  So I would say that the shade range is slightly above average, in terms of European foundation brands.  (Please tell me if I’m wrong on this – I’m fully aware that I’m very inexperienced when it comes to shade ranges). 

Price
I bought my foundation sticks for R144.95 each at Edgars, which I feel did not break the bank for me. 


Verdict
I would definitely recommend these if you’re on the hunt for a product that will make cream contouring a little easier.  I bought the shade 140 Natural Rosé and 210 Cappucino to contour with.  I use my beauty sponge to blend, but I’m sure a brush would work just as well. 

In the past, I have avoided cream contouring at all costs because of the previous products I used – I just found it too difficult to apply some of the cream products with a brush to my face.  It was either too little or too much. 

This stick has made it so much easier.  I can use the flat top for my forehead and jawline and then the thin edge of the product for my cheekbones and nose.  It’s also easy to apply more where necessary because it’s just a tiny dab of product and you’re good to go. 




Wishing you love and light until next time ♡♡♡