Sunday, December 9, 2018

The height of my heel obsession



Thank goodness for the #Instafam.  If it wasn’t for one of them, I would literally have nothing to post about because writer’s block is somewhat an understatement for what I’m experiencing.  Basically, in short, I was asked to do a feature on all the heels I own. 

These were the first heels I was bought when I was in Grade 10 for a Debutantes Ball that I was attending with another guest of the ball.  I clearly remember buying these at Foschini The Glen with my dad after school one day and they’re super cute so...
 

Next are the heels I wore to my matric dance and after party, 11 years ago.  I’ve reheeled the gold ones and I don’t wear them so much anymore, but I may need super fancy shoes one day again. 


After matric, I lost a lot of weight and I dropped a shoe size to a size 5.  Don’t ask me how it happened.  All I know is one day my feet were a size 6 and then they were not. 

So that’s where these babies come in.  It was around about this time that my Nana moved into her retirement village and she gave me all of her heels because I was the only one with similar sized feet to her.  That’s how I ended up with these Laura Ashley courts.  I am obsessed with the brogue pattern on the front and always feel ultra corporate when I wear these. 

Then I started working and the age of the Sissy Boy platform began.  That’s right, these are all platform heels that I wore to work every day.  I was absolutely obsessed. 
 I also bought these Guess babies as a gift from my mom. 
 
And also these Steve Madden Barbie shoes, because you know...why not?

Other heels I bought more than 6 years ago:

The year I resigned, I started dating my ex who had the misfortune of being under 6”, unlike the rest of the family.  Whether it was the steroids or not, we’ll never know.  My misfortune, however, was that he was intensely insecure and jealous, and therefore did not “let” me wear my heels anymore.  He even went so far as to not talk to me the entire day of one of my closest friend’s funeral because I wore heels (and also greeted another guy who he supposedly didn’t like – but I digress). 

Flash forward 5 years and I was 85kg lighter.  I’d also shed a huge amount of self-doubt and lack of confidence following that break up so I started buying and wearing heels again.  I don’t spend the same amount of money on shoes as I used to, but I wear these by far more regularly. 
You may recognise these from a recent Instagram post

The standard black strappy heel to go with any outfit

It's so fluffy I want to DIE!

The most comfortable standard black midi-heeled court from H&M

I can both hora and Zorba in these heels - tried and tested

Fringe benefits
 Lastly, these are my most prized shoes.  Yes, they look like it’s been a rough few years but these were also given to me by my Nana.  I can’t say if this is true or not, but my Nana told me that my Grandpa bought these for her before my mom was born.  I am in love with the vintage vibe and the entire design.  Incidentally, they are also the most comfortable of the heels I own. 

I actually cleaned out some of my heels that I no longer wear - such as these really cute pump wedges that have absolutely no grip whatsoever and regularly try to kill me when I wear them and the black courts I was obsessed with before my cousin jammed her size 7 foot in them and permanently disfigured them.  

I know that while this may not appeal to everyone, I know that at the very least @sa_toes_an_heels on Instagram will appreciate the post.  Give me a shout on Instagram if there's anything else I could showcase (NB: limited to sneaks, books and bikinis)

By the way, I didn't put any of these shoes on for photos because that just seemed like a lot of hard work for a Sunday night.  

Wishing you love and light until next time ♡♡♡

PS. I may a shopping problem