Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Skin(ny) on Face Masks






Is there anything quite like a quiet cup of tea, a face mask and your old ratty pajamas with a book you’ve read a million times?

My latest obsession is face masks of any kind, so I decided to share with you with current favourites in my beauty box that I keep on reserve, as well as ones that didn’t work so well for me. 





Up first is my ride-or-die, Freeman Beauty Exfoliating Diamond Mineral Clay Mask and Scrub.  I’ve spoken about this mask before, but it really is a skincare staple of mine.  I use it at least once a week as an exfoliator or just whenever I’ve had a shit day and I need to improve my mood. 



Another favourite from Freeman Beauty is the Anti-Stress Dead Sea Minerals clay mask.  I will, however, note that this is only a favourite because of the results it offers and not for the user experience.  This mask literally feels like high school when you smeared Vicks underneath your eyes to make yourself cry and then go bail your friends out of class because of your “emotional crisis” (do high school teachers even care?).  If you’re going to give this mask a go, I strongly recommend going full spa day with it and using the slices of cucumber over your eyes. 



I am obsessed with dewy skin and the L’Oreal Pure Clay Glow Mask delivers every single time.  It contains three different kinds of natural clay (according to the website, these are called kaolin, montmorillonite and ghassoul – whatever those are) and red algae, promising a smoother skin texture and smaller pores.  I love the effect this mask has on my skin, because I battle with skin texture on my jawline (thanks to my cellphone) and there is definitely a subtle radiance after I use it. 



Lastly, the cult favourite, Skin Republic’s Bubble Purifying and Charcoal Face Mask Sheet.  If you haven’t heard about this mask, this must be your first foray into the beauty world, in which I congratulate you on your superb taste in bloggers.  This mask works absolute magic at the end of a week when you’ve been wearing makeup every day. It really is a breath of fresh air for your poor pores.

As a bonus, since I’m such a useless blogger these days, I’ve decided to do a quickfire round of masks that have failed to impress me of late. 



Skin Republic’s Charcoal Peel Off Mask is kind of hard to love when you don’t actually get blackheads all that often.  Freeman Beauty’s Pineapple Enzyme Mask is not bad, but it just pales in comparison to other exfoliation masks, such as the Diamond Mask.  Himalaya Herbals Clarifying Mud Mask also failed to make a huge impression on me – I mean, it was ok, but it hasn’t made me want to use it again in a few weeks. 

That’s it for this visit to the ol’ Bloggo.  Honestly, so much is going on at the moment.  I’ll check back in soon. 

Wishing you love and light ♡♡♡