Thursday, March 22, 2018

My Typo Obsession




If you are not a female between the ages of 13 and 65, you probably will not understand this article.  But if you are, holy shit, guys... the Typo obsession is real!

Typo is basically a shop filled with stuff we don’t actually need (or want before we even go there) but once we step over the threshold of any of the stores, glittery journals and panda travel pillows suddenly have the power to send us all into a fit of heavy breathing.  It kind of makes you question the power of consumerism, but would this be a lifestyle blog if we dove into that nonsense? Of course not!  Let’s talk about fun stuff I bought.

What exactly do I need my name spelt out in wooden letters for?  There is absolutely no reason.  Therefore, I have two sets.  One set was a gift, the other I could not resist because of the pretty florals.  And then, of course, there’s the hamsa that I simply had to add to my collection. 



I’m that person who buys a diary every year with the intention of getting her shit together and using it religiously.  I’m also that person who uses it until mid January and then forgets it even exists.  That being said, I’m getting pretty good at using my 2018 diary for blog ideas and plans. 
Of course, I also have a variety of empty journals that I use for my reading.  I research a lot of what I read so I enjoy having a pretty place to make all my notes. 



I literally look at this water bottle on my shelf every time I sit at my desk and think “I should use that to keep hydrated during the day” and it has yet to move since I bought it in December.  It’s still super cute though. 



The one item I’ve bought that actually serves a real purpose is the 500ml marble print flask that I keep in my gym bag.  It keeps my water extra cold during my gym sessions and matches my white marble tights. 

Yes, I left it in my car and was too lazy to run out in the rain to get it so I could take my own photo.  This one comes courtesy of the Typo website


I’ve even bought wrapping paper from Typo for Christmas last year.  I have obviously reserved the marble print paper for something special, but how cool is the unicorn paper? My sister was super unimpressed because it clashed with the normal Christmas colour scheme. 



Upon review, I am fully aware that I just pretty much gave a 5 star review of a store that sells stuff that mostly serves no significant purpose. 

Ok.

Love and light ♡♡♡