Sunday, April 15, 2018

Autumn Favourites




I really need to get better at this – I’m pretty sure favourites are meant to be for regular posts.  Therefore, I have decided to do seasonal favourites and thus present to you my Autumn favourites.

Side note: I’m not entirely to blame for my absence.  My laptop had been repossessed temporarily by my loving sister, who is in the process of completing her Honours degree, and has moved out of home.  It’s nice to be needed, though.    

Skincare: Skin Republic Platinum Peel Off Face Mask (R70.00 from Dischem)
I’m not a fan of peel off masks purely because I don’t often get blackheads or anything that requires dirt to be unceremoniously ripped from my pores while I whimper in pain.  Then again, Mama didn’t raise no bitch so here I am.  This mask promises a refined skin texture and youth restoring properties. 



First of all, this packaging may be economic but it sure as nuts is not ergonomic.  I can, however, overlook it because it makes no immense difference in my life. 

The “5 fruit extract formula” that refines your skin texture are orange, lime, grapefruit, mango and witch hazel, which explains why your skin would be so soft – you are basically giving yourself a mini peel. 

I love how this mask makes my skin feel.  It delivers on its promise of silky soft skin, which is why it is my favourite skincare purchase for this month. 

Haircare: Reflections Style Innovation Silver Mask for natural and coloured hair (R89.99 from Dischem)
If you’re blonde, you know the struggle of brassy tones between hair appointments.  This hair mask, however, is the perfect silver tone for renewing your colour on a weekly basis. 

Makeup: Gold pigment (R150 from Pirates Vegan Market)
The principle ingredient in this pigment is mica, which gives this pigment its supreme glow.  Compare it to pigments whose main ingredient is talc, which you’ll find is more powdery and less glowy. 



This pigment gives you the most intense highlight imaginable.  I cannot recall the name of the local business that makes it, (Eco Glam/Eco Glitter summin summin) but they are regularly at the Real Jozi Food Market at Pirates Sports Club on the last Sunday of every month.  I’ve recently bought the green pigment, which I used in my St. Patrick’s Day look (see it here), but the gold pigment is by far my favourite. 

It only really loses points in terms of its packaging, which occasionally gets stuck and has to be opened by jamming tweezers under the lid, but only just because a) the product is well worth it and b) you’d be supporting a local business which is a really cool thing to do. 

Fashion: Denim Dungarees (Sissy Boy at Subwear for R1099.00)
First of all, I never imagined ever wearing a denim one-piece again after the 90’s, but let me just say that it was the best decision I’ve made.  This has to be one of the cutest items I own in my wardrobe.  It is admittedly a bit steep for jeans, but realistically Sissy Boy makes jeans that feel like they were moulded on your body, so they are definitely worth every cent. 



Disclaimer: I didn’t actually buy this myself; it was a gift from a very loving Honey Bear. 

Decor: Skull and deer skull prints (R99.99 each from Mr. Price Home)
During December last year, I decided to redecorate my bedroom.  We can call it a spiritual rebirth of sorts, but I decided that I was at my happiest when surrounded by deep shades of blues and bright whites. 



I love how these white frames and the pastel prints look against my navy wall. 

I don’t have a favourite book this month because I’ve been so crazy, I haven’t been finishing any books lately.  Also, I’m busy with Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and I am thus far unimpressed.  The only reason I’m persevering is because I hate not finishing books and I bought the second book, Glass Sword, at the same time and I can’t not read that.  Needless to say, it’s been slow going. 

Be sure to check back in for my winter favourites because I’ve been prepping for my favourite season hard, buying heaps of woolly hats and cosy outfits. 

Wishing you love and light ♡♡♡