Tuesday, June 19, 2018

June Catch Up



June has just been one thing after another: my first bar mitzvah and thoroughly Jewish experience, there’s a christening coming up that I’ve been painting a gift for, Father’s Day (always a yucky day in my house) and now I’m sick.  This post is just a check-in and update. 



I’m getting my reviews together for the #DoveOneWashChallenge and #DoveTrialWithFriends campaign that I’m currently involved in.  I’m really excited to try out the products.  One of my nominated “friends” is my mommy who is not remotely interested in my online misadventures.  Why?   Firstly, because she’s my mommy, my best friend and I’d fight a bear for her.  Secondly, because she’s getting leetle-beet old and her hair is thinning (so I’m expecting miracles from the Dove Oxygen Moisture shampoo and conditioner for fine, flat hair).  Lastly because we live in the same house, which means I get to try out her stuff too. 



I recently posted my first Instagram photo of my partner and I at his nephew’s bar mitzvah.  I’ve been apprehensive because love hurts, ya know?, and also, I’m a theme snob.  However, we are approaching our 5th month together and have an extremely mature relationship for such a short period of time, so I’d like to formally introduce all of my followers to Mark– the most unlikely but certainly the best choice I’ve made in 2018. 

Speaking of the bar mitzvah, I went to shul twice in 24 hours which is the same amount of times I go to church in a year (Christmas and Easter is mandatory).  Once I have recovered from my ailment, I plan to do a barmi lookbook because I made modest and conservative a LOOK of note.  If I do say so myself. 



I also got a new tattoo this month.  Since getting my parents’ initials on my arms in November last year, my sister has been asking when I would get a tattoo with her name.  While the tattoo design had been long considered, the booking was fairly spur of the moment when I saw that Rising Dragon Tattoos in Fourways had a flash special.  If you’re wondering, my sister’s name is Meagan Clare which (through many variations) translates to “pearl of light”, so I got a little seashell with a pearl at the bottom on my right forearm.  It’s also preferable to a “dummy doo-doo head” tattoo which is what I think she actually is.  (JK)



Mark has gotten me completely entrenched in a Netflix series called Fauda, which is kind of like one of those MNet Seal team kind of programs, but it focuses on a counter-terrorist team in Israel’s Ministry of Defence and how it chases a rogue Hamas agent.  I recommend watching it firstly, in the original Hebrew/Arabic with subtitles, and secondly, with an open mind.  I have very strong opinions when it comes to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and this program will rock your allegiances amongst the characters.  Throughout the series, you will find yourself switching between the sides.  Also, Boaz is a total babe.


I think that sums up the month very briefly.  I plan to come back swinging once I’ve recovered from the plague. 


Wishing you love and light, until next time ♡♡♡